Thursday, August 29, 2013

Confidence

  In quietness and in confidence shall be your strength. Isaiah 30:15

Feel that...trust Me. Am I not leading you safely, faithfully? Will you believe Me, your Master, that all this is really to bring the answer to your prayers?   Remember that I am the Supreme Being who knows all and control all.   Directly you put your affairs, their confusion, their difficulties, into My Hands I began to effect a cure of all the disharmony and disorder.     You must know that I shall cause you no more pain in the doing of it than a physician, who plans and knows he can effect a cure, would cause his patient. I will do all tenderly as possible. Tell me that you trust Me in this.-from God Calling-1945

Soothing words in a jarring world. Forget the world for a moment-in a jarring heart!! I wake up to news of yet another young person dead, another family broken, a bank account beyond empty, discontentment. It is at times overwhelmingly too much. But this devotion, this morning, brings me hope. Reminds me that I have never really been in control, ever, of anything and to just breathe. Jesus in, Jesus out.

    Today I have to take a step-physically-because God brings me to it. I'm not sure why He wants me to go to this place, I just know that my spirit will not settle until I do. I've been in this situation before. Even so, nervousness and doubt knock at the door, but I ain't answering. Just because these undesirables show up on our porch doesn't mean we need to take the front door. God always gives a back door, my way out. I'll face them later. It's not cowardly to not face these temptations-He does tell us to flee at times. Ain't nobody got time for that.

   Then-seriously Beth Ann-He brings to my mind the face of my friend. My friend who will be moving to one of the most dangerous places in America to be a missionary. With her husband. With her 4 children. A place where the smell of death & deceit shrouds the streets and no sane mother would live, let alone visit. The temptation to run from that would probably be huge, and seem reasonable. So anything I do today, in the light of that!, is a breeze.

But no, my temptation, my test this morning is meeting this one person and being in my own confidence. The Good Lord has given me strengths, but how often have I confused them with my own?? How do I, going into a place filled with pain & confusion, not be angry & WANT to fix it all? No, I pray my life today shall rest in His Almighty Hands for every minute of every hour. While waiting, while talking, while driving & eating & cleaning & greeting. His Name covers us in power and protection. His Plan has already been fulfilled. So, as you go forth-wherever you're to go-I pray you are filled with quietness & confidence this whole day.

No comments:

Post a Comment